Coding Time (Persuasive Writing)

Hello today I am going to show you my persuasive writing.

here is is.

What if you could make your very own video game! 

The problem is we don’t get coding time. I think we should get one period of coding time every two days. My three reasons are that coding can help you with skills with future jobs. My next reason is that coding is a creative way of learning. My third reason is that coding teaches us to keep trying.

I believe we need to do coding to help develop skills for future jobs. For that reason some supporting evidence is it helps you learn to animate and learn to program. For example, I would like to become a video game developer in the future. I need to be able to program and animate to make the best game possible, I know for a fact that scratch teaches me those skills.

My second reason is that scratch is a creative way of learning. It is clear that scratch can be creative. My evidence is that you can make a video about a book if you are doing language art. The game could test people on the book, or you could make a movie recapping what the book is about. Another way to be creative is helping you review for quizzes. For example in math, you could make a worksheet that can help.

My final reason is it teaches me to keep trying. I really feel that scratch teaches us perseverance. My example is in last year’s coding class, I would make mistakes and I would not like it. I started to learn that it was ok to make a mistake and I used teh tutorials to try coding a different way. I realized that there are lots of ways to try! 

So Ms.Abby my plan is we should get one period of coding every 2 days. This will help us develop learning skills such as perseverance.

Now you know that we should do coding because it will help us learn!

Thanks for reading, Coby.

Published inUncategorized

One Comment

1. jbennett31

Hi Coby,
    I loved reading this persuasive essay! I agree that students learn a lot from coding especially perseverance. You often have to go back and try out a new coding sequence when things don’t work out the first time. I love that you want to be a video game developer. Are you doing any coding at home? Ms. Abby would love to be able to give you some more coding time at school. You do need to work on other subjects and languages at school each day. Maybe you could find a balance and do some coding at home and at school. What do you think?
    Keep on writing!
    Mrs. Bennett 🙂